Our rye straw boxes for businesses
From a sample pack to switching to 100% compostable rye straws grown in SA. We want you to be proud when transitioning to real sustainable plastic alternatives, using local products while sharing a story with your customers.
- Selected by hand, cut and packed with love in South Australia.
- Grown on South Australian certified organic farmland.
- Inner stalk of the rye plant and the by-product of the grain production.
- Naturally gluten free*, super strong, tasteless and waterproof.
- 100% compostable and biodegradable at home in your garden and compost or in commercial composting facilities.
- Each purchase supports South Australian organic farmers and encourages more local sustainable alternatives to single-use plastic.
These packs are not for retail and products cannot be sold separately.
Cocktail straws 13cm | Regular straws 18-20cm | Diameter between 3.5 and 5mm
*Rye stalks are naturally gluten free, and our straws have been tested gluten-free. Gluten is present only in the rye grain. Our cleaning and sterilisation processes are carefully controlled, although cross contamination cannot be guaranteed.
Mister RYE straws are intended to be used as a drinking straw and are not intended to be eaten or digested. You will notice our prices have changed since our initial production. For full transparency we updated our prices to ensure all contributors involved are fairly remunerated. Making rye straws in Australia involves a lot of manual labor and savoir-faire, hence why we are the only business producing them here and not importing them from Asia. Moving to automation in 2021, we’ll be able to bring our cost down again.